Our firm advises several Life Science companies at various stages of maturity, active in a wide range of areas: medical devices, diagnostics, medical simulators, genomics, and agricultural-biotechnology.
We provide our Life Science clients with ongoing representation and counseling in all legal aspects, with special emphasis on intellectual property issues, which typically are critical to this sector sideeffects.com. We advise our Life Science clients from inception and the incorporation stage, through fundraisings, Israeli government-support schemes and international grants, engagement of employees and consultants, acquisition of technologies from private entities and academic institutions, licensing, non-disclosure and material transfer agreements, commercial agreements, and the ‘exit’ transactions.
We have unique experience in complex plant genomics research and development collaborations with leading international seed and agro-biotech companies. We represent several companies in varying fields of the plant biotechnology industry.
Examples of our work in this area include:
- Representation of a public agro-biotechnology company in several complex collaboration and licensing transactions with leading international companies in the agro-biotech and alternative energy industries, including a collaboration and license agreement in which USD 35 million are payable to the company in respect of license fees and research costs reimbursement, in addition to milestone achievements and royalty payments, coupled with an up to USD 30 million equity investment.
- Representation of a medical device company in establishing clinical trials in Israel and abroad in preparation for FDA approval and equivalent regulatory approvals in other jurisdictions.
- Representation of several privately held medical equipment companies in their entire life-cycle, from incorporation to stock-for-stock acquisition by a public US company.
- Co-representation of an agro-biotechnology company in the initial public offering of its securities on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange in which NIS 25 million was raised, and ongoing representation with respect to all its commercial, corporate and securities matters.
- Represented privately held clinical software company in commercial transactions, several rounds of financing and an asset sale to a private US company.